Trish Net

Powered by Blogger.

Mobile Solutions

Friday 24 October 2014

I’m not under pressure, says Asisisat Oshoala

by Unknown  |  in sports news at  07:12:00

 I’m not under pressure, says Asisisat Oshoala
Oct 24, 2014 12:47:00

The Super Falcons forward has said she is not hassled going into Saturday’s African Women Championship final against Cameroon in Namibia
Nigeria’s Asisat Oshoala has revealed her readiness to lead the Super Falcons to glory when they face Cameroon in the final of the 9th African Women Championship billed for the Sam Nujoma Stadium in Windhoek.

The teenage prodigy whose brace sealed her side’s place in the final of the competition as well as a ticket to the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup in Canada said she had gathered enough experience at last edition host in Equatorial Guinea.

"This is my second appearance at the African Women Championship. I had my first experience two years ago (in Equatorial Guinea) and it really helped my game at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup,” Oshoala told Cafonline.com.

"I’m not under pressure coming here based on my performance at the U-20 World Cup. I came here to do my stuffs like my coaches tell me on the field – Just do your thing!

"Don’t panic! Just go there and do what you know best. If you are right, fine and if you don’t get it right, keep trying for another chance!.

 "I dedicate the goals to my fans [everyone who is been praying for me] family, well-wishers and my teammates in particular,” she added.

On her comparison with legendary Perpetua Nkwocha, the 18-year old striker said playing with her has helped improve her game.

"It’s not an easy thing to be Perpetua [Nkwocha]. She is my role model and I have been working towards it. I try hard each day to get there.

"Playing with her has also helped my game to be like her. She [Perpetua] being my role model is a good thing for me and I’m doing good to reach that,” she concluded.

Oshoala who boasts of four goals in the competition is expected to fire Edwin Okon’s ladies to victory against Les Lionnes as the Falcons seek their seventh crown.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Proudly Powered by Blogger.