Trish Net

Powered by Blogger.

Mobile Solutions

Wednesday 3 September 2014

I can swear in Oba shrine PDP did not offer us money —Edo Dep Speaker

by Obeji Eric  |  at  02:48:00

Suspended Deputy Speaker of Edo State
House of Assembly, Mr. Festus Ebea, has said that
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, did not offer
any of the members that defected to PDP from the
ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, money to
defect.
He added that he was ready to go to the Oba of
Benin shrine to swear that they were not offered
money to dump the APC.
Ebea, who spoke with Aviation reporters at the
Muritala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said it was the
state governor, Adams Oshiomole, who offered him
money not to defect to PDP, adding that the current
crisis rocking the Edo Assembly was due to the
high handedness of the APC leadership in the state.
Edo State Assembly has been unable to sit as a full
House since June when thugs evaded the premises
and members engaged in a free-for-all.
Two factions of the House have emerged with 15
APC members belonging to one faction, while the
other nine members, who are now PDP members in
another.
Ebea, who is the leader of the PDP said "We are
challenging him,(Oshiomole), let's go to the Oba's
palace. I am a Christian, a communicant. I now said
God because we are Africans, let me get to the level
that people will really say, he is trying to prove his
innocence. Let's go to the Oba shrine and swear on
who collected money. You heard that I collected
N50 million from PDP or N75 million.
"I will swear that if PDP ever offered me money, I
will swear even with my family, then Governor
Oshiomhole too will swear if PDP actually gave me
money and after that I will equally asked him to
swear if he offered me money or not, because I was
offered money by APC and I refused. Yes,
Oshiomhole shared money to the so-called APC
members. He offered them money and they know
it."
He accused the governor of high handedness and
betraying APC's founding members in the state.
"Before, people used to say Oshiomhole is the man
of the people but he automatically changed. When
they shout President Goodluck Jonathan is ruling
with impunity or that 'they stopped my plane,' don't
listen to them. Governor Oshiomhole is the greatest
peddler of impunity."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Proudly Powered by Blogger.