Trish Net

Powered by Blogger.

Mobile Solutions

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Father of stowaway boy appears

by Obeji Eric  |  in NEWS at  22:45:00

THERE was drama, yesterday, at Edo State Government House, Benin City, when the father of the stowaway teenage boy, Daniel Oikhena, who was said to be bedridden due to illness, surfaced during a meeting between Governor Adams Oshiomhole and the family.

This came as theDepartment of State Services, DSS, yesterday, handed over Daniel to the Edo State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development but denied the mother, Mrs. Evelyn Oikhena, access to her son.

Mr. Osaigbovo  Oikhena, 44, a driver by profession, told journalists that contrary to reports that he was sick and bed-ridden, he was living separately from the family due to a disagreement with his wife.

He said his wife refused to stay in the house where he could afford the rent. Therefore, he decided to move out of the house a year ago to where he could afford the rent.

He said: “I decided to come here today (yesterday) to tell the world that I am the father of Daniel. Initially, when I heard the news, I thought my son was kidnapped. But my wife said I should calm down that when everything is okay, she will call me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Proudly Powered by Blogger.